Questions about the WoollyWormit
The WoollyWormit Wheel Brush, also referred to as the WoollyWormit is a patented 13-inch-long, tapered and bendable brush body wrapped in a removable/replaceable/washable soft chenille microfiber cover designed to safely and effectively clean all delicate wheel surfaces found inside and outside the rims – even where you can’t see. Plus, unlike other wheel brushes, the WoollyWormit features an integrated convenient lug nut cleaner that comes in two sizes (both included). The lug nut cleaners are designed to fit the vast majority of OEM car rims. The brush body can clean the surface of any rim, and the lug nut cleaners should clean the vast majority of OEM rims that we are aware of. So, now you can finally get off your knees and throw away your toothbrushes and cotton swabs used to scrub around the lug nuts.
Additional cleaning sponges and microfiber covers sold separately.
The compressed thickness of the first 4 inches of the tapered brush tip starts at about 1 inch and goes up to 1-1/8 inch. If you want to clean between the outer perimeter of the brake rotor and inner wheel barrel, or if you want to clean the brake caliper housing and behind the spokes, please be aware of the amount of available room in which to insert the brush tip. The brush fits in these tight spaces on many rims, but not all. So, please measure these openings on your rims to make sure they will fit the thickness of the brush tip.
The patented WoollyWormit was designed by car aficionados for car aficionados. So, every aspect of the WoollyWormit is designed to make this a better cleaning tool. For example:
- Unlike other wheel brushes, the WoollyWormit has an integrated lug nut cleaner for simultaneously washing both the lug nuts and the rim areas around the lug nuts.
- Unlike many wheel brushes, the WoollyWormit has no exposed metal parts or harsh materials that would damage rim surfaces.
- Unlike most brushes with short cleaning heads, the WoollyWormit has a 13-inch-long soft chenille microfiber body designed to reach and clean deep into and across the rims. The compressed thickness of the first 4 inches of the tapered brush tip starts at about 1 inch and goes up to 1-1/8 inch. If you want to clean between the outer perimeter of the brake rotor and inner wheel barrel, or if you want to clean the brake caliper housing and behind the spokes, please be aware of the amount of available room in which to insert the brush tip. The brush fits in these tight spaces on many rims, but not all. So, please measure these openings on your rims to make sure they will fit the thickness of the brush tip.
- Unlike other brushes that cannot be bent, the WoollyWormit is flexible and engineered specifically to remain straight or be bent into a user-desired shape.
- Unlike most brushes with a handle, the WoollyWormit has no handle to get in the way. The entire brush is a “cleaning machine” and the user can hold it comfortably anywhere along the entire length of the brush.
- Unlike other brushes, the WoollyWormit has a removeable cleaning cover that offers many benefits, including the ability to remove it for washing, and the ability to switch out various covers for different car cleaning purposes.
- … And more - unlike most brushes, the WoollyWormit has many other uses, aside from just cleaning rims. For example: Switch the covers for different purposes; it’s great for cleaning the hard-to-reach car and SUV rooftops, across windshields and large hoods/trunks; keep a clean and dry cover for dusting the dashboard and other hard-to-reach interior areas; it’s good for cleaning engine compartments; ideal for washing motorcycles, RVs, boats and more.
All of these WoollyWormit features save you time as you clean, while making it easier and doing a better job cleaning than ever before – and doing so without damaging your rims like other brushes can.
Anyone who cleans their own cars, or cleans cars for others would benefit from this innovative car cleaning product. Go ahead and order today and start saving time right away. And, even if you don’t wash your own car, we’re sure you know someone who does that would truly appreciate the benefits of the WoollyWormit - it makes a great gift!
The WoollyWormit can clean most types of wheels. Depending on the shape of the wheels' details, design, openings, sizes, etc., the brush can clean some or all of the unobstructed wheel surfaces. With some wheels, the gaps or spaces between the disc brake rotor and the inner wheel barrel, or the spaces between the back sides of the spokes and the brake caliper housing, may be too narrow for the brush tip to fit. The compressed thickness of the first 4 inches of the tapered brush tip starts at about 1 inch and goes up to 1-1/8 inch. While the brush fits in many wheels' tight spaces, the brush structure will not fit all. And while the integrated lug nut cleaner works on almost all cars, SUVs, mini vans, pickup trucks, etc., there are a few exceptions (as described below). Different rim and lug nut designs have different effects on the sponge lug nut cleaners. Some lug nuts and their edges tear up the sponge material more easily than others, so be gentle if your lug nuts are one of the designs that are tough on the sponges – your WoollyWormit will thank you by lasting longer.
The WoollyWormit kit comes with: a) two sizes of red lug nut cleaners (large and small), and b) two sizes of corresponding cleaning sponges (large and small). The cleaning sponge sizes are not interchangeable between the red lug nut cleaners. For example, the large and small sponges fit the large and small lug nut cleaner structures, respectively. The lug nut cleaner and sponge combined makes a lug nut cleaner set. Please select the cleaner set that fits and cleans your rims’ lug nut areas best. This is first determined by trying both sets on your rims and selecting the one you feel cleans best. Note: the lug nut cleaner set should rotate smoothly around the lug nuts. If too tight, it will tear the sponges more quickly. The lug nut cleaner size required does not necessarily correlate to the size of the vehicles. For example, some larger cars have smaller lug nuts and some smaller cars have larger lug nuts. Therefore, it’s best to try out both lug nut cleaner sets to determine which set works best for your rims. In some cases, both the large and small set may work on your car.
The sponge is designed to fit snugly onto the flanges of the red lug nut cleaner. If not, the sponges could slide off the flanges when you pull the lug nut cleaner off of the actual lug nuts. The first thing to do is to make sure you are matching the correct sponges to the correct red lug nut cleaners. The larger sponge only fits on the larger lug nut cleaner, and the smaller sponge only fits on the smaller lug nut cleaner. Once the correct sponge is matched with the lug nut cleaner, you can do two simple things to more easily slide the sponge onto the lug nut cleaner:
- Lubricate the red flanges with the car soap and then slide the flanges into the sponge's four slots; and/or
- Soak the sponge with the soapy water and then slide the flanges into the sponge's four slots. After placing the red flanges into the sponge slots, simply tap the sponges with your fingers, or push the sponge down the flanges until the sponge is fully seated and up against the lug nut cleaner base.
Additionally, once you start cleaning the lug nuts, the sponge will also seat itself properly against the base of the lug nut cleaner.
The WoollyWormit kit includes:
- 1 Brush body
- 1 Cleaning cover, Chenille microfiber
- 1 large lug nut cleaner
- 1 small lug nut cleaner
- 4 cleaning sponges for large lug nut cleaner
- 4 cleaning sponges for small lug nut cleaner
Additional cleaning sponges and microfiber covers sold separately.
The WoollyWormit has two primary cleaning parts: the brush body and the lug nut cleaner.
Regarding the brush body, the answer is “yes” - the brush body can clean any type of rim. The compressed thickness of the first 4 inches of the tapered brush tip starts at about 1 inch and goes up to 1-1/8 inch. If you want to clean between the outer perimeter of the brake rotor and inner wheel barrel, or if you want to clean the brake caliper housing and behind the spokes, please be aware of the amount of available room in which to insert the brush tip. The brush fits in these tight spaces on many rims, but not all. So, please measure these openings on your rims to make sure they will fit the thickness of the brush tip.
Regarding the lug nut cleaner, the answer is “yes, for the most part” as there are some exceptions. Please see below for those exceptions:
- Some vehicles come with lug nuts that have plastic decorative caps that fit over and cover each of their individual lug nuts. For example, many of the newer Volvo models have either chrome-plated plastic caps, or gray plastic caps over the metal lug nuts. These outer plastic caps are too large for the lug nut cleaner and sponge to fit over them. In those cases, do not force the lug nut cleaner and sponge over them, as the lug nut cleaner may break and the sponges will rip. Therefore, if you would like to clean the rim inside and around the lug nuts, you’ll need to remove the plastic lug nut caps first. (Note: your car should have come with a little tool/tweezers for removing the caps for when a tire needs to be changed.) In the event you don’t want to go to the trouble of removing the large lug nut caps, the WoollyWormit is still a great brush for cleaning the rest of the rims, inside and out.
- Some cars, such as some larger SUVs and pickup trucks, have decorative plastic center hub covers that cover the center hub portion of the rims, but leave the lug nuts still exposed. For example, some Toyota, Lexus, Cadillac, GMC trucks and SUVs have these rim designs. And, our research shows these plastic covers often don’t create a perfectly smooth and round lug nut cavity opening around the lug nuts - making it somewhat difficult to rotate the lug nut cleaner smoothly back and forth around the lug nuts. In these cases, in order to minimize tearing of the cleaning sponges, simply insert the lug nut cleaner in and out over the lug nuts to wipe clean, rather than rotating the sponge back and forth around the lug nuts. This minimizes damage to the sponge and increases their useful life. Also, sometimes the smaller of the two lug nut cleaner sets will rotate better within that space around the lug nuts – so try that out, too.
- Some cars, some SUVs and pickup trucks, have decorative plastic center hub covers that cover the center portion of the rims AND also hide the lug nuts, with no lug nuts exposed. For example, some Cadillacs, GMCs, Audis, Volkswagens, Fiats, etc., and many ultra-luxury cars (Rolls Royce, Bentley, etc.) have rims with lug nuts hidden or not exposed. Additionally, many aftermarket rims have covered or hidden lug nuts. With hidden lug nuts, there’s not much of a need to clean them. However, the WoollyWormit is still a great brush for cleaning the rest of the rims, inside and out - as the lug nut cleaner is just one benefit of many offered by this brush.
- Yet, some lesser expensive vehicles, or entry level models have full decorative plastic/metal hubcaps to cover the entire rim, and therefore don’t have any exposed lug nuts. However, the WoollyWormit is still a great brush for cleaning the face of these rims, too.
- Jon and Scott always insist on doing a lot of their own research. With that in mind, they have personally got down on their hands and knees and measured and tested 1000+ car rims in their research for the WoollyWormit. And, with the two sizes of lug nut cleaners included in the standard kit, they have tried to accommodate just about every rim out there. However, it’s entirely possible that a rim style has not been tested or a new style that has recently come out and it is found that the WoollyWormIt is unable to fit the rims’ lug nuts. Please write to let us know what vehicle rim you have so we can keep track of this for future product updates. That being said, while we try to accommodate all rim and lug nut designs with the lug nut cleaners, there are some that may not work. However, the WoollyWormit is still a great brush for cleaning the rest of the rims – as the lug nut cleaner is just one benefit of many offered by this brush.
If your rims have not been maintained properly, or have not been cleaned in a while, and/or are stained or extremely dirty with excessive brake dust, we recommend soaking the rims in a mild wheel cleaner product designed specifically for cleaning rims, prior to scrubbing with the WoollyWormit. While the WoollyWormit is a great product, it cannot work miracles – so pre-soaking with a rim cleaning product may help the toughest cleaning situations greatly … and make your life much easier.
Typically, use soaps and cleaners designed specifically for car washing. Do not use bleach or other harsh cleaning agents not designed for car care. Tire/wheel cleaners are typically stronger cleaning chemicals, so use only as directed on the packaging – not only to protect the WoollyWormit, but to protect the rims’ paint and clearcoat surfaces. Cleaning wheels that have not been cleaned in a while, or are very dirty, stained, etc., would be assisted by using wheel cleaner soaps for removing any stubborn stains and dirt. However, once the stubborn dirt has been removed with the wheel cleaning soap, ongoing routine maintenance of your rims would only require regular car soap thereafter.
The WoollyWormit removable cleaning cover is built for long-term use with proper care. After washing the vehicle and rinsing off the brush, simply remove the cover from the brush body and lightly squeeze out the remaining water and hang dry, using one of the two pull loops. Occasional cleaning in a washing machine is fine. However, do NOT put the cover in clothes dryer, as the material is not designed for this. See “Care Tag” inside the cover near the opening for details.
Additionally, the covers are removable to allow users to use different covers for different cleaning purposes. For example, use the black cover for the rims, the gray cover for the car body, and the purple for dusting the car dashboard and interior.
The WoollyWormit lug nut cleaning sponges are a propriety sponge material exclusively designed for this patented product. The two sizes of sponges (large and small) are engineered specifically to clean without damaging the rim, painted and clearcoat surfaces. However, this means they will wear out with usage. The useful life of the sponge will vary on how much and how hard you scrub, as well as, the fit of the lug nut cleaner around the lug nuts, the shape of the lug nuts, and sharpness of the edges of the lug nuts. Simply use the sponges until they no longer clean to your satisfaction. The 4 through-slots in each sponge allow you to reverse the sponge onto the red lug nut cleaner frame when one end of the sponge is “wore out”. This provides additional useful life before you need to replace the sponge with a new one. NOTE: Some lug nuts will tear the sponge material at the leading end of the sponge. However, the sponge is still good for cleaning many lug nuts before replacement is needed. Leave the “star” shaped inner core material inside the center of the sponge, as this is there to specifically clean the face of the lug nut.
- First of all, if you are reading this section, your WoollyWormit is really going to love you for caring!
- The chenille microfiber cleaning brush can be washed in your washing machine, per instructions found on the cover’s inside label. However, drying the cover in a clothes dryer will damage the cover. Please use one of the two pull loops to hang dry.
- Don’t leave the brush body sit outside in the sun without the cover. The heat and UV light is not good for it, just like it’s not good for you to sit out in the sun unprotected.
- The convenient and useful flexibility of the brush is made possible by having a special metal spine integrated within the pliable body structure. And, while we encourage you to use the brush as often and however you’d like, keep in mind that bending any metal over and over repeatedly in the same spot can cause metal fatigue and eventually break. Unfortunately, this is a physical property of metal that we cannot change. Therefore, to prolong the useful life of your brush, try bending it in different spots occasionally when wanting to clean behind the spokes. Your WoollyWormit will thank you for this.
The WoollyWormit is not only great at cleaning rims, it great at the following – just switch the cover as needed:
- Washing the hard-to-reach car and SUV rooftop areas
- Washing across the windshield and large hood/trunk areas
- Wiping down the engine compartment
- Dusting the dashboard and hard-to-reach corners, rear deck, seats and car interior
- Cleaning motorcycles, RVs and boats
Yes, the WoollyWormit is patented and the patent number is: US 10,029,655
Yes, the WoollyWormit Trademark® name and is a Registered Trademark, SN#87807321.
Click on www.woollywormit.com/ip for details on the patent information.
The WoollyWormit was designed, invented and patented by Jonathan Batchelor, Jr. and Scott Voelker, of Black Tie Brands, LLC. Because the WoollyWormit brush is protected by patent, and the WoollyWormit name is protected as a Registered Trademark, all rights and protections are strictly enforced. Black Tie Brands, LLC (“BTB”) has multiple intellectual property assets protecting our products and will actively enforce and protect those assets should the need arise, including protecting against counterfeiting, copying or unauthorized reproduction of the products. If there is an interest in licensing the product, call us in the United States at 786-549-1234 or write to us at please contact us
Any unauthorized copying, reproduction of the product and/or name is strictly forbidden and will be subject to legal action.
Black Tie Brands, LLC and its owners, are very serious and protective of its patent rights and Trademark rights. It is better to license a good idea from the patent and trademark holders rather than steal the idea and attempt to copy it and risk the potential lawsuits.
The WoollyWormit Wheel Brush Plus takes its inspiration from the little Woolly Worm, also called the Woolly Bear Caterpillar - a cute caterpillar with bands of long black and brown bristle-like hair. Found throughout many parts of North America, these little fluffy creatures are known for surviving extremely cold winters. A favorite of children, because of their soft and colorful exterior, they’re often picked up and held in children’s hands. They grow up into the Isabella Tiger Moth. Folklore has it that the Woolly Bear Caterpillar can predict the coming Winter by their color bands.
The WoollyWormit was designed, invented and patented by Jonathan Batchelor, Jr. and Scott Voelker, of Black Tie Brands, LLC. Because the WoollyWormit brush is protected by patent, and the WoollyWormit name is protected as a Trademark, all rights and protections are strictly enforced. If there is an interest in licensing the product, please contact us
Black Tie Brands, LLC (“BTB”) has multiple intellectual property assets protecting our products and will actively enforce and protect those assets should the need arise, including protecting against counterfeiting, copying or unauthorized reproduction of the products. Any unauthorized copying, reproduction of the product and/or name is strictly forbidden and will be subject to legal action.
Black Tie Brands is an idea factory established by business partners Jonathan Batchelor, Jr. and Scott Voelker with the mission of inventing, developing and selling innovative products that save time or enhance people's lives in simple ways.
Jon and Scott formed their firm in February of 2015 in Miami, Florida. With decades of combined experience in sales, marketing, product development, etc., across various businesses, the partners determined it was time to use their experiences, resources and creativity for the development, marketing and sales of unique products that save time, offer a better way of doing things, or simply are fun to use.
Their innovations and concepts range from various automobile and home cleaning products to tools, art frame hanging hardware, watercraft accessories and more.
Black Tie Brands owns multiple products, patented and currently patent pending, and more in various stages of the development pipeline.
Click here to find out more about Black Tie Brands.
Black Tie Brands, LLC (“BTB”) has multiple intellectual property assets protecting our products and will actively enforce and protect those assets should the need arise, including protecting against counterfeiting, copying or unauthorized reproduction of the products. For example, without prior written authorization from BTB or through a legitimate sale by BTB, any use, advertising, marketing, importation, sale, or offering for sale of the WoollyWormit® products or utilizing the WoollyWormit® mark(s) is strictly prohibited. However, if you are interested in becoming a BTB authorized retailer, reseller or distributor of WoollyWormit® products, you may contact us at our U.S. office at 786-549-1234.
Black Tie Brands, LLC (“BTB”) has registered and valid intellectual property protecting its products and provides the following disclosure acting as virtual marking in accordance with 35 U.S.C. § 287. For example, BTB has been awarded U.S. Patent No. 10,029,655 by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), which covers its WoollyWormit® products. BTB has other patent applications and intellectual property pending directed toward its WoollyWormit® products as well. BTB has a duty and a right to inform the market of our patent and trademark rights, and BTB will enforce its rights when necessary.
Questions about placing an order
Currently, all orders would be placed through the www.woollywormit.com website. At this time, orders cannot be placed via phone calls.
MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover, Jcb, Diners Club, Shopify Pay and Apple Pay are accepted. Other options may be added over time.
Yes, these products are great gifts and can be shipped to someone at another address. However, at this time there are no gift wrap or personalized greetings/wishes.
The WoollyWormit is currently available only online exclusively at www.woollywormit.com. At some point in the future, the product may be available at retail locations and other ecommerce sites.
Just click the ‘forgot password’ link on the login page here and you will be directed as to how to reset your password.
Orders placed Monday through Friday must be cancelled by 1:30 p.m. EST on the day of your order. Orders placed on the weekend must be canceled before Monday at 1:30 p.m. EST. To do so, please contact us via our contact form and select "Order Specific Questions/Comments" as your choice and note your name and order number in the comments section, and we will do everything we can to stop the order from shipping.
We ship to addresses in all 48 contiguous states, along with Hawaii and Alaska, only. Note, as our Hawaiian and Alaskan neighbors understand, the long distances will require additional shipping charges to cover the carrier costs. However, at this time we do not ship to areas outside of the 50 states, which means we don't currently ship to Puerto Rico, Guam, the US Virgin Islands, APO addresses, Saipan and other international addresses.
We ship ground and regular next day air. The flat rate $5.99 per order charge is for ground shipments only, and to the 48 contiguous United States only. Alaska and Hawaii are shipped via USPS Priority Mail and USPS Express mail only, and these do not qualify for the flat rate $5.99 price.
We charge a flat rate $5.99 for ground orders delivered within the 48 contiguous United States only. Alaska and Hawaii are shipped via USPS Priority Mail and USPS Express mail only, and these do not qualify for the flat rate $5.99 price. We currently don't ship outside of the 50 United States. For orders to Alaska and Hawaii, and all next day shipments, the charges are calculated during the ordering process online.
You can track your order via the link provided to you after order is shipped.If your order has not arrived in the time frame expected, or appears lost, please contact us immediately via our contact form and explain your concerns. We will respond to you as soon as possible.
We do not have a call center to receive calls. Therefore, we ask and appreciate that you please contact us via our contact form and explain your concerns clearly. The subject line options help to direct the communications properly. Once received, we will gladly respond to your requests as soon as possible
Thank you for shopping at www.woollywormit.com. We truly appreciate your interest in our products. If you experience an issue with our products, we're here to help.
In the unlikely event you discover a defect in the product, please see our Limited Warranty for further details.
We will happily refund the purchase price of your unused product within 15 calendar days from your purchase date.
To be eligible for your purchase price refund, your item must be: a) unused and in the same condition that you received it; b) item must be in the original packaging; and c) item needs to have the receipt or proof of purchase.
Once we receive your item within the 15 calendar days from purchase, we will inspect it. If your return is approved, we will initiate a refund to your credit card (or original method of payment). You will receive the credit within a certain amount of days, depending on your card issuer's policies. If, for some reason your return is not approved, we will notify you with the options. You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are nonrefundable.
If you have any questions on how to return your item to us, please contact us.
The WoollyWormit was developed and engineered to provide you with a long-lasting useful life. However, it was not designed, nor built to last forever. Why would we want this, you ask? … And more so, why would we tell you this? Well, believe it or not, it’s not to keep selling you more and more WoollyWormit brushes. But, instead, to invent a cleaning product that effectively and safely cleans delicate wheel and auto body paint surfaces without damage. And, to do this, the product must be constructed from materials which are not harsh, not too hard, nor stiff, nor too abrasive, etc. Brushes that last “forever” or have lifetime guarantees, especially the cheap products, typically are made of materials that can literally scratch your rims or damage the paint/clearcoat, even under normal cleaning use. Or, they don’t perform the cleaning function well. Our products are not only designed to clean well, but to do so safely.
Think of it like your tooth brush. There is no effective, safe and dentist-approved toothbrush designed to last forever. To build such a long-lasting toothbrush would require materials that would destroy your teeth and gums. Toothbrushes wear out by design because it’s better for your brush head to wear out and occasionally need replacement than it is to have a brush head that does not wear out and instead scratches off the tooth enamel or tear apart your gums.
The WoollyWormit was designed to strike a balance between the need to have a safe and effective cleaning brush and the need to have a reasonable useful life. From the inside out, and top to bottom, every part of this brush was engineered to do its job while protecting your rims. This is the WoollyWormit.